Mar 7, 2009

SOUNDCITY PREMIUM:STEPPING UP NIGERIAN MUSIC

Better part of last week I was hooked unto the test transmission of Soundcity's SoundcityPremium Music Television on DStv's channel 133.Now,it has resumed full transmission on channel 327.I feel really happy and proud of this development.

What makes SoundcityPremium unique is that it is a truly Nigerian thing,with lots of 'Naijacentric' flavors.

Soundcity is Nigeria's foremost music channel that has encouraged the production of quality music video by Nigerian acts and have equally projected many of these act on the global stage.With what I have watched so far,Soundcity has good programming and presentations.There is a good mix of Nigerian and foreign content.

The emergence of Soundcity on the same platform where South Africa's Channel O,Trace,MTV and MTV Base have held sway is a very strong indication that Nigerian music television has finally come to maturity.

Tajuddeen Adepetu and his team at Souncity must be commended for this bold step aimed at putting Nigerian Music television where it should rightly be.

5 comments:

Yankeenaijababe said...

I am sure if I was in living in Naija, Soundcity would be my everyday morning hit knowing how addicted I am to Naija music. Back home it used to be AIT or 96.3 with all them plantazion boiz and trybes men.lol. Hope you have a good weekend.

scarletboy said...

true talk

Artsville said...

souncity has done well. I am proud of the team and hope they keep getting better and better.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your nice post.I have visited lot of post.I haven't see this type of post.

music

Mobolaji Johnson said...

There was a time that Nigezie used to be hot! Now it is sound city...